Perak Investment Management Centre or better known as InvestPerak, was established on 24th January 2006 to serve as the First Point of Contact for Investors in the manufacturing and services sectors in Perak. It primarily acts as the principal investment promotion agency of the Perak State Government and reports directly to the Chief Minister of Perak.
InvestPerak’s key roles are:
- Actively involves in the policy and strategic planning in regards with the development of manufacturing and services sectors in Perak
- Development of Perak Industrial Development Action Plan (PIDAP)
- Promoting and driving both Domestic Direct Investments (DDI) and Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) into Perak
- Encouraging networking between investors with local businesses and industries
- The issuance body of No Objection Letter (NOL) for Manufacturing License (ML) applications in Perak
- Offers support to qualified companies who are applying for incentives from State or Federal governments
- Coordinating the assistance from government departments and agencies, local authorities and utility providers to investors in implementing their projects.
- Provides the platform for investors in Perak to raise issues that they are facing which require government’s assistance
InvestPerak complements the role that the Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) plays at the Federal Government level. InvestPerak also work closely with other related government deparments and agencies, business chambers and industrial associations to ensure that the industries in Perak continue to grow and flourish.